Anti-Discrimination and Hate Speech Policy
Proud Hands is a platform for consumers and sellers throughout South African to support local business, artists, manufacturers and entrepreneurs. This is where relationships can be built through making, selling and buying South African products and goods.
Proud Hands wants all consumers and sellers to feel safe and secure and this policy is in place to explain the kind of behaviour not allowed on Proud Hands. This is to protect the consumer and sellers and to let all have a positive experience.
Proud Hands will not allow the use of our services to discriminate against people based on the following personal attributes “protected groups”.
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under applicable law
Proud Hands will not allow hate speech, foul language, vulgar remarks, responses and/or images or photos, derogatory or demeaning language directed at a person or a group based on their one or more protected group attributes. Any of these will not be tolerated when engaging with a seller or any other person or member of the Proud Hands community via messages, reviews or any other contact.
As a seller on Proud Hands, you will not display discriminatory behaviour towards protected groups in any of your shop content, shop policies, shop announcements, advertisements and/or any other communication related to Proud Hands.
Examples of prohibited behaviour include, but are not limited to:
- Refusal of service based on membership in one or more protected group
- Expressing intolerance or a lack of respect for a member of protected group
- Having a shop policy that excludes sales to members of one or more protected groups listed above
- Directly or indirectly making derogatory or demeaning remarks against protected groups listed above
- Racial slurs
- Posts that support or glorify hate groups and their members
- Exchange vulgar or derogatory remarks to any of the members of a protected group
Please report any discrimination, vulgar language, hate speech or any offence as set out above by emailing email@example.com, and we will investigate.