Proud Hands is an online platform where you can purchase unique goods directly from sellers in South Africa. Whether you are looking for handmade or craft supplies, we want you to have a positive experience shopping on Proud Hands. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
Proud Hands provides an online platform for buyers to discover and purchase from sellers in South Africa. It is important to note that Proud Hands is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on Proud Hands, you understand that:
- Understanding Proud Hands’ Limitations as an online platform
- You are not buying directly from Proud Hands, but from one of the many talented sellers on Proud Hands;
- Proud Hands does not pre-screen sellers and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on Proud Hands or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies);
- Each seller on Proud Hands has their own processing times, delivery methods, and shop policies; and
- You assume responsibility if you provide your own materials for a custom order.
As a member of the community, you have the right to flag an item or a shop that violates any of Proud Hands’ policies. Flagging is confidential and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Purchasing an Item on Proud Hands
When you buy from a shop on Proud Hands, you are directly supporting an independent business in South Africa, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on Proud Hands, you agree that you have:
- Read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Provided accurate delivery information to the seller.
You also agree to comply with our Payment Process when you use Proud Hands Payments, and our Gift Cards you purchase or redeem Proud Hands Gift Cards or Proud Hands Credits.
- Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five-star rating and a photograph of your purchase, for 100 days after your item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and delivery time have elapsed. You can edit your review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100-day period. Your review and/or photograph or business logo and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller's listing and review pages.
By leaving a review or photograph, you acknowledge that your content may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a delivery carrier, Proud Hands, or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
By uploading a photograph to one of Proud Hands’ websites, you warrant that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights or permission to use the photograph; and
- You understand that, as stated in Proud Hands’ Terms and Conditions, Proud Hands has license to use any content you provide to Proud Hands.
We reserve the right to remove reviews or photographs that violate our policies or Terms and Conditions.
- Proud Hands’ Return Support
Although Proud Hands is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide support in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected
In order for a Seller to distribute the product you have purchased, you as the buyer will have to pay the full order price as well as the delivery cost if applicable. The money paid by you is kept in Trust by Proud Hands for three days after delivery of the product. Only after confirmation of the delivery, and no complaint lodged by the Buyer on email@example.com will the money be paid over to the supplier.
In case of a complaint the money will not be paid over, and will be kept in Trust up to the point where the complaint has been resolved, and if in favour of the Buyer the money will be refunded into the Bank account that was used for making the payment.
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via Proud Hands Messages. Note that all cancellations must comply with our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
We have a 3-day return policy, which means you have 3 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You will also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we willl send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
All shipping costs on returns will be paid by the buyer or person returning the product or item.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
Please refer to our Returns and Refund Policy.
- Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
- Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as food, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and personal care goods (such as beauty products). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once the seller has received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you will be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too. Refer to our Refund & Returns Policy.